Historic New Italy’s large rear carpark (off Swan Bay New Italy Road) is open 24/7. It has a sealed surface, security lighting and is easily accessible for all vehicles, including caravans, etc.
Please note: This is a private carpark and is NOT serviced by TfNSW. The car park and adjoining facilities are provided by The New Italy Museum Inc., a volunteer-run not-for-profit association.
Please show your appreciation with a donation of $10 per vehicle if staying overnight.
Don’t forget to explore our museum, gift shop, cafe and glass art gallery.
via Swan Bay – New Italy Road, at the North-West corner of the museum grounds.
Facilities / Features:
- 24 hour toilets
- Washroom available
- Shaded picnic tables
- Nice scenery – bushland
- Close to highway (with Northbound and Southbound entries and exits)
- Dogs are allowed (please keep on leash)
- Tents allowed – by side of carpark only
- No rubbish bins – please take your rubbish with you
- 24 hour stop over limit
- No showers – we are on tank water
- No potable water on site
- Motorbike / RV / Motorhome / Caravan / Big Rig accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Pull through bays – on a bit of a slope though
- No lighting of fires in the bushland at any time of year – elevated contained fireboxes by caravan side are allowed – subject to total fire bans
- Generators allowed till 8 pm
Nearest Dump Points:
Woodburn Caravan Dump Point,
7 Pacific Hwy, Woodburn NSW 2472 (10km North)
GPS: -29.0734846, 153.3389218
Woombah Woods Caravan Park,
54 Iluka Rd, Woombah NSW 2469 (18km South)
GPS: -29.3547911, 153.2507962